Chronological History of Shakti Peetam in Chester Springs, PA USA
The Peetam is being established under Direct Divine Guidance by the Avataar Par Excellence, The Eternal Guru Shri Bangaru Adigalar of Melmaruvathur, through whom, Mother AdhiParaSakthi communicates, relates, and delivers Oracles even today.
The ONLY Temple that is completely operated on volunteer basis, with no employees, and is based on ‘Self-Service’, meaning that visiting devotees will perform all rituals and pooja by themselves under the guidance of knowledgeable Sakthi volunteers (Sevakas). The sankalpa (affirmation) is done by Sakthi volunteers
The VERY FIRST PLACE of WORSHIP of any kind in West Pikeland Township, PA
ACMEC of NA, Inc a non-profit 501-c corporation was formed, established and registerd in April 1996 with following founding members as its board of directors: Sakthi Ramakrishnan, Sakthi Santhanagopalan, Sakthi Muthu Chinnadurai, Sakthi Geetha Surendran, Sakthi Babu Rao, Sakthi Ranganathan Sundramurthy, Sakthi Gnanavel Munirathinam, Sakthi Velu Pillai, Sakthi Sathya Kichenamourty. Since its incorporation, the founding members have been conducting mass worships in homes and rented places were used for large festivals and functions.
ACMEC of NA, Inc. still continues to manage the operations of Shakti Peetam & Spiritual Center of NA in Chester Springs, PA, although most of the founding members have retired from the Board.
Some historic moments in Shakti Peetam's journey.
- Thursday March 12th, 1998: It was a Pournami Day (Full moon day) Arulvaakku (Oracle) in which Mother AdhiParaSakthi ordained to Sakthi Muthu Chinnadurai, the Founding Member (of ACMEC of NA) from USA, “Americaavil Sakthi Peetam Kattuvatharkku Nilam Vaanga Yerpaadu Sei! Baalaganai Kaal Kol Vizhavirkku Anupi Vaikiren” ("Arrange to buy a land to build and establish Shakti Peetam in America. I will send My Beloved Son to Lay Foundation Stone there").
- Thursday October 7th, 1999: The land was stepped onto and seen by the devotee (to whom Mother AdhiParaSakthi ordained). Mother AdhiParaSakthi showed him the sign affirming that would be the property to acquire, as She had instructed him in Oracle.
- Thursday October 14th, 1999: The Eternal Guru AMMA Shri Bangaru Adigalar in Melmaruvathur, gave His blessing and order to buy the land immediately through Sakthi Ravishankar of Maryland.
- Thursday October 21st, 1999: Sale Agreement with three months period for settlement was signed with the seller
- Thursday January 20th, 2000: Thai Poosam Day (Pournami i.e. Full moon day of Pushya Nakshatra), the purchase was completed, and the organizers acquired the property at 1459 Conestoga Road, Chester Springs, PA 19425
- Thursday (Guru Day). In between, all significant events related to this property occurred on Thursday as well, with no intentional planning, but a natural flow of events, signifying its spiritual power. On September 3rd, 2000 Our Eternal Guru His Holiness Shri Bangaru Adigalar along with His Divine Consort Smt. Lakshmi Bangaru and their entire family accompanied by an entourage of Sakthi devotees from Melmaruvathur, India performed a grand Sakthi Yagna (Kalasa Vilakku Velvi Pooja) with Srichakra, Kali Chakra, Pancha Bhoota Chakras, and hundreds of yaaga gundams for foundational stone laying ceremony. The foundational stone was laid by the then Indian Parliament Speaker Honorable G.M.C. Balayogi which was attended by Indian Consular General, Pujyashri Swami Dhayananda Saraswati of Arsha Vidya Gurukulam and thousands of devotees.
- Thursday January 23rd, 2003, In the Divine presence of our Eternal Guru Shri Bangaru Adigalar and His Consort Shrimathi Lakshmi Bangaru, the founding member Sakthi Muthu Chinnadurai placed order to sculpt the Annai AdhiParaSakthi Statue (currently housed in the Site and worshipped) with the well renowned, reputed Shri Subbaiah Sthapathi, the official sculptor of Kanchipuram Kamakshi Amman Mutt.
- Thursday May 22nd, 2003, the Statue of Mother AdhiParaSakthi was received in Philadelphia airport and brought to Shakti Peetam site by a team of Muthu Chinnadurai, Sakthi Ram Mohan, Sakthi Sriram Adhimoolam, Sakthi Ramesh Rajamohan, Sakthi Periyasamy, Sakthi Subbu, and Sakthi Gnanavel Munirathinam. The Statue of Mother AdhiParaSakthi was installed and seated in a dodge mini commercial van awaiting a spiritual procession called ‘Kari Kolam’ travelling around USA.
- Thursday September 18th, 2003, the spiritual procession called 'Kari Kolam' was started from Shakti Peetam. Annai AdhiParaSakthi travelled first in east coast to many devotees' houses accepting their abhishekam and poojas, and then travelled across most of the United States of America covering close to 40,000 miles.
- Thursday December 15th, 2011 on completing Her spiritual procession, She was seated immersed in flowers at Shakti Peetam site in a temporary abode.
- Sunday November 6th, and Tuesday November 8th, 2022, Karthigai Pournami Mother ordains in Arulvaakku again to founder Sakthi Muthu Chinnadurai and his wife Sakthi Shanmugarani to quickly build the Sakthi Peetam and invite for Kumbaabhishekam. She continued to provide details on Bhoomi Pooja (Groundbreaking ceremony) and foundation methods in addition to giving instructions on performing Kumbaabhishekam. She ordains that Her Beloved Son (Baalagan) (Shri Bangaaru Adigalaar) will visit Shakti Peetam and perform Kumbaabhishekam.
- Friday January 20th, 2023 The Shakti Peetam building plan / design and location reviewed, finalized, and approved.
- Wednesday January 25th, 2023, Panchami, ACMEC OF NA, Inc entered into an official work agreement with Sthapathi Siva (son of great Sthapathi Subbaiah of Kanchi Mutt) for carving and dressing stonework for Sakthi Peetam Moolasthaanam and Mahaa Mandapam in Chester Springs and completing design and construction work.
- Saturday March 25, 2023, Guru Amma blessed the stone for Sthapathi Siva and ordered to start the stone dressing work in Kancheepuram.
- Wednesday April 5, 2023 Panguni Utthram, Moolasthaanam Stone Dressing Work started in Kancheepuram with Pooja rituals
- Friday May 19th, 2023 Vaikaasi Amaavasya Test Erection Assembly of Moolasthaanam started with Chitravanam in Eesaanya corner in Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu, India
- Friday June 23rd, 2023 Shukla Paksha Panchami Tithi, Magha Nakshatra, Baalaalayam Prathishta was performed by translocating Mother AdhiParaSakthi Statue into it.
- Thursday June 29th, 2023 Shukla Paksha Ekadashi Tithi, Test Erection Assembly of Athishtaanam (third stage of Moolasthaanam after Chitravanam and UpaPeetam) was started.