Om Sakthi Peetam USA
A piece of history
Om Sakthi Peetam in Chester Springs, PA USA has many moments that are worth carved in history of time. A chronology of salient historical footstep are provided below.
Founded by a group of simple Sakthi Sadhana practitioners hailing from different walks of life and geographies, who were totally unrelated to each other, the bondage brought together only by their bhakthi and faith to Mother AdhiParaSakthi.
- The Peetam is being established under Direct Divine Guidance by the Avataar Par Excellence, The Eternal Guru Shri Bangaru Adigalar of Melmaruvathur, through whom, Mother AdhiParaSakthi communicates, relates, and delivers Oracles even today.
- The ONLY Temple that is completely operated on volunteer basis, with no employees, and is based on ‘Self-Service’, meaning that visiting devotees will perform all rituals and pooja by themselves under the guidance of knowledgeable Sakthi volunteers (Sevakas). The sankalpa (affirmation) is done by Sakthi volunteers
- The VERY FIRST PLACE of WORSHIP of any kind in West Pikeland Township, PA
- Some historic moments in Om Sakthi Peetam’s journey.
- Thursday March 12th, 1998: It was a Pournami Day (Full moon day) Arulvaakku (Oracle) in which Mother AdhiParaSakthi ordained to the devotee from USA,
“Americaavil Sakthi Peetam Kattuvatharkku Nilam Vaanga Yerpaadu Sei!
Baalaganai Kaal Kol Vizhavirkku Anupi Vaikiren”
- Thursday October 7th, 1999: The land was stepped onto and seen by the devotee (to whom Mother AdhiParaSakthi ordained). Mother AdhiParaSakthi showed him the sign affirming that would be the property to acquire, as She had instructed him in Oracle.
- Thursday October 14th, 1999: The Eternal Guru AMMA Shri Bangaru Adigalar in Melmaruvathur, gives His blessings and orders to buy the land immediately
- Thursday October 21st, 1999: Sale Agreement with three months period for settlement was signed with the seller
- Thursday January 20th, 2000: Thai Poosam Day (Pournami i.e. Full moon day of Pushya Nakshatra of ), that the sale was completed and the organizers acquired the property at 1459 Conestoga Road, Chester Springs, PA 19425
- Thursday January 23rd, 2003, In the Divine presence of our Eternal Guru Shri Bangaru Adigalar and His Divine Consort Shrimathi Lakshmi Bangaru, order was placed with the well renowned, reputed Shri Subbaiah Sthapathi, the official sculptor of Kanchipuram Kamakshi Amman Mutt.
- Thursday May 22nd, 2003, the Statue of Mother AdhiParaSakthi was received in Philadelphia airport and brought to Om Sakthi Peetam site, where She was seated in a dodge minivan and went on a spiritual procession called ‘Kari Kolam’ travelling around USA for about 45,000 miles.
- Thursday December 15th, 2011 on completing Her spiritual procession, She was seated immersed in flowers at Om Sakthi Peetam site in a temporary abode. As can be seen, both the start and ending events of purchasing this property for establishing this Sakthi Peetam occurred on Pournami
- Thursday (Guru Day). In between, all significant events related to this property occurred on Thursday as well, with no intentional planning, but a natural flow of events, signifying its spiritual power. On September 3rd, 2000 Our Eternal Guru His Holiness Shri Bangaru Adigalar along with His Divine Consort Smt. Lakshmi Bangaru and their entire family accompanied by an entourage of Sakthi devotees from Melmaruvathur, India performed a grand Sakthi Yagna (Kalasa Vilakku Velvi Pooja) with Srichakra, Kali Chakra, Pancha Bhoota Chakras, and hundreds of yaaga gundams for foundational stone laying ceremony. The foundational stone was laid by the then Indian Parliament Speaker Honorable G.M.C. Balayogi which was attended by Indian Consular General, Pujyashri Swami Dhayananda Saraswati of Arsha Vidya Gurukulam and thousands of devotees.
Since then till January 2011, the organizing committee sustained a long and expensive legal battle with West Pikeland Township to obtain approval
for constructing Om Sakthi Peetam. Although the township approved a plan for up to 5000 sq.ft with condition that no further land development can be done forever, the organizers had a historic moment with Federal court ruling and both township and ACMEC of NA arrived at a mutually agreed upon settlement, which allows for removing the 5000 sq.ft limitation, and establishing Sakthi Peetam.